There are countless benefits to incorporating fish oil to your daily nutritional needs, and although I'm an advocate for consuming Omega-3s through proper dieting (i.e. salmon, tuna, etc), for those who don't like fish or seafood fish oil supplementation may be the best substitute.
Listed below are just a few of the many benefits you may recieve from fish oil supplementation:
1. May improve mood and overall sense of well being
2. May prevent or eliminate symptoms of Alzheimer's disease
3. Arthritis- may limit arthritis feelings or activities from patients.
4. Fish can help to prevent and kill various cancers including colon, prostate & breast cancers.
5. May lead to healthier skin and reduced inflammation.
6. Adding fish oil to your normal lifestyle or exercise nutritional program can decrease body fat as well as lower one's risk for cardiovascular disease
Listed are different ways to consume fish oil:
1. Straight out of liquid container with a spoon
2. Capsules w/ water
3. Powder Form. Blend in a smoothie
4. Mix into yogurt
5. Add as an topping on your salad with balsamic vinegrette
6. Apply to the skin (the liquid form, if this is something you're into)